Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Timpanogos Cave


Aunt Jessica had lived in Utah her whole life and had never hiked to Timpanogos Caves...so off we went on the trail one Saturday before she headed off to college. I was so glad that we had an adult for every kid. The hike was 1.5 miles and a steady climb uphill and cliffy at times. Dillon loved to be carried by Jessica, practically the whole way there and back. I took my turn but didn't last long.
Beautiful Autumn and the beautiful American Fork Canyon
Hunter and Dillon taking their turn smiling for the camera
Grandma Angeli and Autumn on the hike down
(I know my pictures are all mixed up and I'm not sure how to edit them in order.)
In the caves, the kids were asking the tour guide all kinds of questions. Dillon wanted to know if everything was the Heart of Timp. When we finally arrived at the Heart, he jumped up and down as if he had found a great treasure. Almost near the end, he asked the tour guide, "excuse me, How did you make all of this?" the whole group laughed and she said she didn't make it water and the mountains made it. He was okay with that answer and kept going.



The kids became Jr. Rangers and had to complete certain tasks to get their badges. We had a lot of fun in the activity books. If you ever get lucky enough to hike the caves, be prepared for a big hike, a fun tour, and becoming a Jr. Ranger and watch out for snakes (there are signs for rattlesnakes all over the trail and Autumn was on guard!)

4 comments:

  1. Loved every minute of it!!! Thanks for inviting me! Nothing like being a tourist in my own state! And I got to do it with my favorite family of Junior Rangers! :) Thanks for the exercise, sunshine, laughs, and great memories! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous out there. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man alive, I sure wish we could do fun stuff like you guys do! And you are looking good Crystal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K...that is super cool! How awesome is all that?! You are all super photogenicticacal :) (Can't spell it right now...) You guys are always doing the funnest things. Yowsa.

    ReplyDelete